Order Terms & Conditions
We deliver our hampers using Australia Post as they provide an excellent delivery service for our hampers to every suburb in Australia. There EXPRESS service provides overnight delivery to most major cities and metropolitan. Delivery to regional and country areas may take 2-4 business days. Please email us if you are unsure.
All orders must be placed by 11 am AEST) for dispatch on the same day. So, place your order on Tuesday by 11 am, for dispatch on Tuesday, to arrive at most areas on Wednesday.
Deliveries are available Monday to Friday during business hours. Unfortunately, we are unable to schedule deliveries on weekends or public holidays as Australia Post couriers do not run on these days.
We offer two simple rate for deliveries:
EXPRESS – the fastest option
- $12.00 per hamper delivered within Tasmania
- $23.00 per hamper delivered to all other states of Australia
STANDARD – this is road travel and can be 2-3 days in Tasmania | 3-9 days Mainland Australia
- $8.00 per hamper delivered within Tasmania
- $14.00 per hamper delivered to all other states of Australia
For bulk orders please contact us to see if we can assist with a “bulk delivery’ discount.
PO BOX Deliveries
We deliver to PO Box locations anywhere in Australia.
Once your order has been prepared for delivery and collected by our contracted courier service for Australia Post, you will receive an email with track and trace details for your order. This means you can track the progress of your order delivery from when it leaves us!
Authority to Leave
If the recipient is not at home at time of delivery, the courier will leave the parcel safely at the nominated delivery address. By ordering with us you are providing your ‘Authority to Leave’ the hamper and you acknowledge that Tasmanian Gourmet Gifts can take no responsibility for lost or stolen gifts. However we have never had a lost or stolen gift though in our time of operation, we can proudly say.
You can provide details in the “order notes” field at checkout such as ‘leave on front door step under chair’ or ‘leave at the back door under carport’ for us to provide the courier.
*Please note the couriers dare not required to call recipients to notify of delivery.
- Carded Freight. If the recipient isn’t home and the parcel cannot be left safely on the premises for any reason, a card it left and it is taken back to the depot for collection. Couriers cannot leave a parcel at premises with locked gates, inaccessible apartment blocks, houses with dogs in the yard or if there is just nowhere safe to leave the delivery.
- No Authority to Leave – You can request by email, phone or placing a note in the “order notes” at checkout if you DO NOT want the parcel left if the recipient isn’t home to sign for the delivery and then a card it left and it is taken back to the depot for collection.
Our merchandise is ordered in advance and we make every effort to have stock available of all items, however, in certain circumstances, an item may not be available. If we are unable to supply an item, we will replace the product with a close alternative of equal or greater value.
Unless an item is listed in the product list of each hamper, it is not included in the hamper. Hamper photos are a very close reflection of the contents but due to changes in stock and supply the actual items included are listed clearly and may differ from the image.
All gift boxes (sea grass baskets, timber boxes, hamper trays and black boxes) include a greeting card and ribbon.
Create Your Own Hamper & Delivery Selection
- For Create Your Own Orders the state selection during the creation process sets your order for specific criteria for each state in Australia.
- If you select Tasmania as the location for delivery of your hamper during the creation process but provide a mainland delivery address during checkout, your order may be placed on hold and we will contact you to discuss additional delivery charges that may be required for your order.
- Product quarantine restrictions in some states apply to honey and whole walnuts. These will appear with alerts based on your state selection.
Alcohol in Hampers
Gift Hampers that include alcohol may only be purchased and delivered to persons over the age of 18 years.
We use highly reputable external courier contractors to deliver our hampers. These courier contractors provide the best possible service and aim to deliver on the date you require.
However, in some instances, the courier contractor cannot deliver on the required date due to unforeseen circumstances or events beyond their control.
We provide tracking numbers for every hamper order, and in the event of a delay, we will assist you in any way possible to track your order and ensure the hamper is delivered as soon as possible.